gContactSync version 0.1.1 released
Version 0.1.1 of gContactSync is out and available for download here. Right-click and hit Save Link As, then install it in Thunderbird.
- Greatly improved Preferences dialog (thanks to some help from Leszek(teo)Życzkowski)
- Bug 19960 – Add a preference to enable/disable the toolbar button
- An icon (again, thanks to some help from Leszek(teo)Życzkowski)
- Verbose logging is disabled by default (should speed things up slightly)
- Bug 19964 – Log file window is too small in Thunderbird 3.0b1pre
- Bug 20099 – gdata.makeAuthBody does not encode the e-mail address or password
- Bug 19959 – the sync toolbar item got a wrong icon and can’t be removed from toolbar – UPDATE – this may not have been fixed according to the bug reporter. Please let me know if this still happens.
- Synchronizes contacts between Google Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird (2 or 3)
- Can synchronize several accounts with their own address books
- Adds attributes and “types” for phone numbers and screennames to Thunderbird
- Customizable with a preferences dialog
- en-US and es-ES locales
As always, feedback, feature requests, and bug reports are appreciated, but please be patient as I’ve been extremely busy with college, work, and co-op/internship hunting. Thanks to everybody who has provided feedback up to this point.
TraceMonkey Note – if you are using Thunderbird 3.0b1pre, you can try enabling TraceMonkey. It made the synchronization process faster for me. Great job everbody who worked on it!